Church – windows
The East window of the chancel is of a very good type of stained glass and was erected to the memory of those from the parish who fell in the Great War of 1914 – 1918 and to the memory of the Reverend James Hart Johnson, Rector 1899 – 1918. It shows the three ‘dragon- slaying’ saints: St Margaret, St Michael and St George. The East window on the North aisle depicts a dainty Madonna in blue and gold and was erected to the memory of one of the church family who lived at the Manor before Judge and Mrs Russell. The windows on the North side of the church are decorated by pieces of ancient stained glass discovered during the 1928 excavations. Presumably these were remnants of windows smashed by the soldiers of Oliver Cromwell during the Puritan movement. The East window of the chancel is perpendicular in style while those of the nave and the North aisle display good tracery, especially those in the North aisle which has quatrefoil openings in the upper parts.